It seemed like a regular morning when I got up. I did the regular things, brushed my teeth, got dressed, kissed my youngest daughter goodbye as I went out the door to the gym.
No less than ten minutes into my workout, my husband calls upset. "The bus didn't even come down the street! It just backed up and took off. I don't have time to drive her to school, do you?"
Well, of course my answer is yes. The next few hours looked like this:
- Grab my stuff and head home from the gym 6:45am
- Take a quick shower and get dressed for my work day while making sure the older girls, who now have to leave for school earlier, are getting ready 7:00am
- Pack lunches 7:15am
- Drive to youngest daughter's school and wait in the crazy long drop off line 7:30am
- Drive to older daughters' school and arrive too early so swing into the grocery store 7:47am
- Buy groceries so I can throw dinner in the crock pot because we don't have time to cook tonight
- Drop older daughters off at school 8:10am
- Drive home with enough time to change my pants that ended up being uncomfortable when I sit down in them, throw dinner in the crock pot and talk to my neighbor on the phone for a few minutes 8:35am
- Get to work by 8:50am in just enough time to settle in for my work day
Once I got to the office I had to chuckle a little. Parenting is such a crazy thing! When my kids were little, we had little problems - skinned knees, not getting the lunch she wanted, her favorite shirt is in the wash. Now my girls are 10, 12 and 15 and we have bigger problems often like this morning. Everyone needs to be everywhere all at the same time and often there is only one of me. My husband shares the load but I'm fortunate to have a more relaxed work schedule and a forgiving boss (me!).
When I finally plopped down in my chair, I also took a moment to celebrate myself. I did it. I made it all work and I'm at work showered and dressed. I also thought of the moms in my life. I know that we need each other. It's mornings like these that we need to share because no one gets this like a mom. We are the ones that are not only there to celebrate each other but to lift each other up.
Our Conscious Moms Club is a place to come to every month to be lifted up and celebrated. It's hard being a mom sometimes. It's also a job that's filled with joy and love. The women in our group come to share all of that with each other. I hope that if you're a mom you'll consider joining us this coming month. If there's a mom in your life that you love, celebrate her by inviting her to our group. We meet the first Saturday of the month at Spark Wellness from 8:30 - 10am.